Pages

Tuesday 8 July 2014

SHIP WARS: Why so serious?


Over the years, I’ve had to learn a lot of things from here and there. Being on twitter and facebook and in various fandoms has taught me a lot too. The first time I saw the words “ship” and “OTP” to join two people together and all, I had no clue what it meant, but with time I got into the trend and used it a lot.

For so long I have gladly associated with various fandoms I belong in and proudly proclaimed and supported the ships I ship. Recently though, I’ve been thinking more and more about if there’s a point in it all. The mess is getting more annoying with each passing hour.

Almost everyday on my TL on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr… I see people calling each other terrible names all because they are in different ship fandoms; raining insults on each other or other ship fandom in general as long as it’s not theirs. This behavior in my opinion is outrightly immature and totally uncalled for.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. So I don’t see the point in hating on others because they do not see in the same light as you. It’s crazily stupid and childish. No one is stopping you from shipping what/who you want but for the love of God, don’t shove it down other people’s throat.

When did people even stop watching shows for the storyline? It’s all misplaced priorities now. Ship or die. Hotness or no. Hey! Don’t get me wrong, I have lots of ships I’m rooting for but I’m not going to make enemy out of others who ship a different OTP.



If I’m rooting for a ship and it doesn’t happen, I’m neither going to die nor stop watching the show because that is not reason enough --- unless I was actually not watching the show for  the good plot line. My OTP becoming a thing will sure be a plus.

This is not to say to not send messages out to writers about what you ship, but they don’t deserve to be called all sort of despicable things if the ship doesn’t happen. They’re human beings too and it’s just unfair to call them bad names because of ships.

I know the torture of wanting to see two characters come together so much and it taking so long or not happening eventually. Trust me, I do especially when the writers keep giving them like scenes to tease them becoming a thing. Personally, I do think it’s cruel but still I don’t think we should condescend to name calling.

To conclude, I’ll just say to always keep yourself in check and stop the name-callings and/or hate on people on ships. Ship wars basically are SENSELESS! LET IT STOP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment