Pages

Sunday 1 December 2013

RIP, PAUL WALKER

Paul Walker
This is one article I would never have dreamt of having to write not in like 30 years at least. I write this article with great and heavy pain in my heart and eyes filled with uncontrollable tears literally. I still can’t believe it; He can’t be dead.

I just got back from church to check my twitter page and I saw a tweet with hashtag RIPPaulWalker. My reaction was, ‘what kind of silly prank is this?’ I almost dismissed it as a stupid prank but I saw another tweet with the same hashtag and I thought ‘Oh My God! This can’t be true. Please don’t be true…’ I was saying all these in my mind while I knelt on my bed and typed Paul walker into a Google search box and there it was all over the top news. “Fast and Furious star Paul Walker dies in car crash”, “Paul Walker dies at 40”, “Paul Walker dies in Car Crash”… I went blank. I didn’t know what to say, the tears just formed in my eyes and started rolling down while I was just muttering ‘This can’t be true. God let it not be true. Let me be dreaming’, but alas! I wasn’t. I am not. Paul Walker really is dead.


The fast and furious star died at the age 0f 40 in a car accident. According to his Wiki page, on November 30, 2013, at approximately 3:30 pm (PST), Walker and a friend, identified by organizers for Walker's charity, Reach Out Worldwide (for victims of Typhoon Haiyan), events to be Roger Rodas, Walker’s financial adviser since 2007 left one of its,  Shortly after leaving in Rodas' red Porsche Carrera GT, the driver lost control and crashed into a light pole and tree in Valencia, Santa Clarita, California and the vehicle burst into flames. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department declared the two deceased at the scene. Coverage was first reported after Walker's publicist, Ame van Iden, confirmed early reports of his death. Rodas helped Walker to establish Reach Out Worldwide and Rodas was the CEO of Always Evolving, a performance shop for high end vehicles owned by Walker, located in Valencia. The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office stated that speed was a factor in the crash. Burned rubber and doughnut marks were found in figure 8 patterns on the road of the crash site, but it was not clear to officials if these were related to the crash.


The late actor has starred in a number of great movies including Varsity Blues, Takers, She’s All That and Into the Blue to name a few. He is most known for his character, Brian O’Conner in the Fast and Furious film series.

I was really hoping to see him in the Fast and Furious 7 and Brick Mansions in 2014 but they will all just be a reminder of a precious and great gem lost. I pray for comfort for his family and loved ones.


We, fans will always remember and miss you Paul. The whole Paul Walker fandom will miss you Paul, Rest in Peace! (tears)

Paul Walker (left) with Vin Diesel and Tyrese Gibson

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your article. I also love him so much that, although life goes on, feel very sad about him passing away.
    A hug for you and for Mr. Walker's family, and a big thank you to you, Paul, for the good times you shared onscreen and the model you've been to me.
    Love, Alex.

    ReplyDelete