Pages

Thursday 25 February 2016

Arrow - Taken

This episode of Arrow surely isn’t the best so far. I hoped for something more thrilling especially considering it’s the last one before the 3 weeks hiatus. It’s not like the episode was generally bad though but we’ve seen better. It was just underwhelming in my own opinion. I wanted Taken to give us some epic cliffhanging stuff or something to make us want to really have March 23 like tomorrow but the only thing making me yearn for that date is because I’m a fan of the show; so… loyalty. The episode didn’t give me that.


Detroit’s own superhero, Vixen was such a joy to watch. She is badass and was a great asset to Team Arrow. I think Vixen was the one really exciting thing that happened in this episode. She’s got powers. I need me one totem just like that, lol. The fight scenes were okay but I wasn’t really bumped on them maybe it’s because I was feeling underwhelmed by the whole episode but it was good all the same.


Thankfully, William is saved and is separated from his father’s crazy world, for now at least. Darhk’s magic Wi-Fi connection has been severed (thanks to Vixen) and he’s just not as tough without his powers apparently. Was he not at a time part of the League of Assassins? I hoped that was going to give him some proper training to have a decent hand-to-hand combat with Green Arrow but apparently not. He was just a piece of cake for the Arrow without his powers.


 Like I mentioned in the last week’s review, we surely have seen the end of the nice Malcolm regime, he’s back to being his old self going with tough love. I thought it was low that he told Darhk about William but now he actually was the one who kidnapped William from Central City? That’s cruel and I don’t see what good he in his mind could be doing for Thea with his acts. Typical Dark Archer. He understands his reasoning best.


With Oliver Queen out of mayoral race, H.I.V.E. obviously can move to the next stage of Genesis with or without Darhk, judging from the promo of Broken Hearts and it looks like Merlyn is at the forefront of that show. Knew that guy had a plan when he joined H.I.V.E.


The flashback scenes still feels like a whole different story line to me. Now, Conklin or his possessed ghost comes out some cave that supposedly holds something mysterious and the symbol on Oliver’s body saved the day; yeah, I still don’t see the present day relevance yet.


So, Laurel’s reaction with finding out about Oliver’s son from a fling he had when they were dating… Was that a hint that Laurel could still have feelings for Oliver? I don’t even want to know. It’s not like I want to see them happen. There’s enough Oliver relationship problem as it is.


The closing scene with Olicity hitting a bump in the relationship felt a little wrong to me. I understand Felicity having enough of Oliver and his secrets especially he making the very same mistake over but I couldn’t help but feel like it was a scene they just wrote in to fulfill the question of ‘where is the ring?’ from the grave scene. And then Felicity walking again that fast all just felt too rushed. That was a happy moment she was supposed to share with Oliver maybe a hug or something with more emotion because it’s a big deal but the whole thing was just underplayed so fast.


It’s all just my opinion though. What did you think of this episode of Arrow? What do you not agree with?


Don’t miss the all new episode of Arrow on The CW at 8/7c on March 23

No comments:

Post a Comment