Pages

Sunday 1 December 2013

DECEMBER 6, 2013 MOVIES


HAPPY NEW MONTH fellas! It’s December already (Christmas holiday is lurking around the corner, I’m happy). Thanksgiving is gone (hope you has a lovely one, by the way). December is here and believe me when I say there’s a great list of movies waiting to hit the theater this month (Holidays will be fun).

This week, four movies are on the list for theatrical release: Out of the Furnace, Khumba, Inside Llewyn Davis and The Last day on Mars.

Last week, we had Frozen in the animation segment and for animated movie watchers, there’s another movie this week, Khumba, a South African computer-animated adventure comedy film that centers on the story of a half-striped zebra who is blamed for the lack of rain by the rest of his insular, superstitious herd. He then embarks on a quest to earn his stripes.



Inside Llewyn Davis is a comedy-drama film about a week in the life of a young singer as he navigates the Greenwich Village folk scene of 1961. According to Joel Coen,1 "The film doesn't really have a plot. That concerned us at one point; that's why we threw the cat in." The film stars Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan, John Goodman and Justin Timberlake.

I definitely want to watch The Last day on Mars. Why? Let’s see… it stars Liev Schreiber  (one of the actors I respect so much), it’s science fiction, has out-of space activities; I mean, it’s on Mars (fictionally of course) and it combines all these with a thrilling story line. This movie is about a crew member of Tantalus Base who on the last day of the first manned mission to Mars, believes he has made an astounding discovery – fossilized evidence of bacterial life. Unwilling to let the relief crew claim all the glory, he goes on an unapproved search to collect samples which took a bad turn when he falls into a deep crevice and near certain death. His devastated colleagues attempt to recover his body. However, when another vanishes they start to suspect that the life-form they have discovered is not yet dead. As the group begins to fall apart it seems their only hope is the imminent arrival of the relief ship Aurora. I am so watching this movie.

When I saw Christian Bale, Casey Affleck, Woody Harrelson, Zoe Saldana, Forest Whitaker, Thriller, Crime all in one article for a movie, Out of The Furnance, I knew I was going to watch this movie even before I read the plot summary. The movie tells the story of Russell who takes matters into his own hands to find justice when his brother, Rodney Baze mysteriously disappears and law enforcement fails to follow through. It’s like the brother getting into trouble while trying to save brother and brother trying to save brother who is now in trouble. I know, that’s a lot of ‘brother’ in one sentence and it probably doesn’t make sense but, you get what I mean and the bottom line is this is a movie you don’t want to not watch.

The movies are all great but I have a personal priority list and it’s Out of The Furnace, The Last Days on Mars, Khumba nad Inside Llewyn Davis. It’s just a personal ranking based on my preference.


Give me your own ranking for this week and let me know what movie you are most excited to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment