Pages

Monday 18 November 2013

THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE


Catching Fire is here at last… Hallelujah! Katniss Everdeen is back onscreen… Hurray! Okay, let me just chill and relax before I make an overly bigger big deal out of the movie; but really, I’m happy Catching Fire is coming to theater finally. I’ve been waiting for this movie for over a year now and finally, I get to watch it.
After the events of the prequel, The Hunger Games (Katniss and Peeta defying the rules making both to emerge as the winners of the 74th Annual Hunger games (only one person was supposed to emerge as the winner)), Katniss and Peeta return safely to District 12. They must leave home again to embark on a “Victor’s Tour” of the districts.





Plot Synopsis: Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark become targets of the Capitol after their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion in the Districts of Panem. For a fuller synopsis on The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, check IMDB, Wikipedia.

I think I’ll watch The Hunger Games again; I need to. I’ve only seen it 2 times.

I want to see a lot of things; I’m particularly interested in seeing what happens between Katniss and Gale Hawthorne when she returns home. I mean, they have a lot to talk about, maybe not a lot but they do have something to discuss. Gale was her boyfriend back at home before she went for the games and she obviously developed some kind of relationship with Peeta, they even kissed and the whole district was watching (yeah, including Gale). I can only imagine how he felt and what he has to say. I don’t think there will be a lot on that though because from the plot I have read, I think Katniss will have her hands full with things that appear to be more important than a love triangle or whatever that might be called.

It’s going to be great to see the rebellion Katniss and Peeta have sparked in the districts with their action, it’s going to be cool to watch and I sure hope to see great performances at the 75th Annual Hunger Games and this time it’s a special one, a Quarter quell. President Snow seems to have some greatly bad evil plan for Katniss and Peeta; I hope they can once again rise as victors in this cruel war they will find themselves in.
I wish I had read the Catching Fire Novel, it will make things a whole lot easier for me, I guess. Anyways, I can only wait to watch it or read spoilers everywhere; I think I’d rather go for the former; spoilers will spoil the excitement and surprises. That’s funny, ‘spoilers will spoil’.

I sooooo can’t wait to watch this movie and he cast is also perfect, Jennifer Lawrence is just so perfect being Katniss almost like she was born for the role. Josh Hutcherson also reprises his role as Peeta Mellark, Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne, Woody Harrelson as Haymitch Abernathy, Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket, Stanley Tucci as Caesar Flickerman, Donald Sutherland as President Snow, and Willow Shields as Primrose Everdeen to name some.

Let me add that I love the movie poster; I think it’s really cool. When I’m done with The Hunger Games: Catching Fire the wait for the next sequel ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1’ begins. That bridge will be crossed later on; but, right now, I’m just about just about to cross the bridge to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, I hope I don’t fall.


Are you as excited as I am to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire? What do you want to see in the movie? Let me know in your comments…

No comments:

Post a Comment